Four generations of farmers, two family farms and lots of walnuts!
Fifty years ago, our grandparents planted their ﬁrst walnut trees in sunny, bountiful northern California. Five decades later, we are still passionate about all things walnuts. Walnuts are nutritious little nuts and contain vitamins and minerals. But unlike other nuts, walnuts are also a good source of plant-based ALA omega-3 fatty acid, which has health supporting beneﬁts. You can only imagine our delight when we discovered our two favorite things coming together–walnuts and indulgence. With love from nutty California, Kevin & Leon wellnutfarms.com
Wellnut Farms is committed to providing the absolute best quality products while doing everything possible to treat our earth with care. Sustainable farming practices are paramount to our operation with focus on soil health, minimal water use, decreased pollution, employee wellbeing, and environmentally friendly.
Here are a few of the ways we are committed to leaving a positive impact:
- Almost 100% Solar Power.
- Use of clean Natural Gas to power our irrigation systems.
- Cover crops help us reduce herbicide use while helping with soil health and naturally adding nutrients.
- Beneficial soil microbes break down nutrients making them more available to the tree. Because of this we can use less fertilizer.
- We use mating disrupting technologies significantly reducing our dependence on synthetic chemicals.
- Only “soft” pest specific chemicals are used to allow our beneficial insect populations to flourish reducing our overall chemical usage.
- The use of new equipment with pollution reducing technologies.
- Steam pasteurization is only used keeping our products from of poly propolyne oxide (PPO).
- We only use sustainably sourced palm oil which is commited to helping rebuild the rain forests.